We are so close, people!
Our Article 5 was picked up this past Thursday. That's the official, technical way of saying that the US Consulate told the CCCWA that they promise to grant Leah a visa to enter the USA when we appear before them for our Consulate Appointment (CA). We are finally now in the final step: the wait for Travel Approval. Based on how the wait has been running lately, I don't anticipate it being more than a week or two. (Disclaimer: as always, it could be longer. We all know things in this process can always take longer than anticipated). The only sticky question mark at the moment: will the Consulate be able to print the visa? Crazy, silly question, I know. As some of you may have seen me post on Facebook, this past week the US computer system that allows US Consulates worldwide to print visas experienced a "minor glitch". Nothing major... Just a teensy little "glitch. They can't print visas. What does that mean? Well, for starters, it means all the families that had their Consulate Appontments in China this past week... The families who were planning to fly home before this weekend... They're all still stuck in China. Stuck without any clue as to when they can leave. Stuck paying out the nose for many more hotel nights, meals out, laundry, etc. Separated from family and home and everything familiar, with a new child (or two), all because they can't get an official-looking sticker out of a printer and into their new son or daughter's passport. And there's a whole new batch of families who arrived in Guangzhou this weekend, ready for their Consulate Appointments who also at the moment don't know whether they will be able to get home on time because of the backlog that's been created. And it's not just China. This is worldwide. Every country with a Consulate.
Some progress has been reported this weekend. It seems some Consulates have been able to print visas. Slowly. However, the Guangzhou Consulate still can't. So, please pray that this "minor glitch" will be fixed so it can stop causing major problems for so many people, and that it will keep running smoothly so future families (yes, like us. I'd be lying if I said I don't wonder if/how this could affect our own timeline and travel process) won't have the same issues.
Secondly, I would like to ask you to pray for our family's health. A couple of the kids have been sick for several weeks now. It's nothing majorly life-threatening, but it's nagging and persistent and we can't seem to kick it out. Ear/sinus/throat garbage that makes kids miserable. It's not something I want to leave my kids with while I'm gone, and it's not something I want my mom to have to deal with either. Sick kids want their mommies. Mommies don't like leaving their sick kids. It's just the way it is. But I can't stay. And I don't want this junk spreading from kid to kid to kid over and over for months like the Great Green Strep-edemic of 2010/2011 that lasted from October to April! (It was just plain bad). So, please pray with us for healthy, healed kids.
I know this hasn't been the most eloquent or upbeat post ever. I don't have any new, cute pictures to share, but hopefully there will be an endless source of cute pictures in just a few weeks when Gotcha Day comes around! I've got a countdown running already, and I'm honestly conpletely overwhelmed with all that needs to happen before then. So, if you run into me around town, and I look frazzled, glassy-eyed, sleep-deprived, and on the verge of tears, just pat me on the head and smile and remember that no pregnant lady (paper or bio) has ever been comfortable at 39 weeks. Ever.
I really am so excited though! Filled with excitement and anticipation as I sort through things to pack, wash cute little girly outfits, and imagine the precious little one who we will meet so soon. What is she like? Will she be quiet or a little chatterbox? Will she take to us quickly or spend days wondering who we are? How will Zach do when he meets her? What will life be like with SIX kids? So many questions. I'm ready to meet her and find out. So ready!
The house is almost ready too. The upstairs bedroom is nearly complete. Then we can start re-arranging the puzzle of furniture and stuff as we prepare to move the big boys out of their room and into the new one to make way for Little Miss.
I leave you with a picture of Leah's quilt. It's not the best piece of photography, but I love the quilt! The same wonderful Laurie Jarvis who made Asher's quilt... And threw us a fabulous shower... And has walked through every step of this process with us as she waits to bring home her little Yosef... made this for Leah. I love the fabrics we picked out, especially the one with the girls. One blond, one redhead, and one little Asian with black hair. Perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, leave a comment about how our red thread has wrapped itself around your brain!